What is Life Coaching?
Life Coaching is about discovering your true potential with the aim of gaining clarity and
achieving some goal. A Life Coach works with you in partnership to help improve your
performance in your professional and personal life by clarifying your vision and designing a plan
of action that you can follow through with confidence.
Clearly defining your goals and embarking on a solution building process will create successful
results in your life. Life Coaching consists of an individualized program that uses a variety of
methods often involving specific strategies and exercises. Coaching helps you tap into the skills
you already possess and empowers you to change your life. A Life Coach provides you with the
necessary tools to help you get from where you are to where you want to be!
A life Coach is:
• A partner who can help you overcome obstacles to achieving your goals
• Your mentor in personal and professional development
• A co-designer who helps you evolve and reach your full potential
• Your motivator who helps you discover what you really want
• A partner who accelerates performance to produce results more quickly
• Someone that asks more than you thought you could do on your own
• Your unconditional support who holds you accountable
• Your collaborator who provides non-judgemental support and encouragement
A Life Coach is NOT a therapist who delves into the past and provides services for those
suffering with mental illness.
Who Works with a Life Coach?
Typically people in transition, those striving for work/family and life balance, entrepreneurs,
business owners, professionals and those looking for life purpose and spiritual meaning are some
of the individuals who work with a coach. Regardless of their reason for hiring a coach, my
clients are successful, resourceful and intelligent individuals who would like to enhance their lives
and achieve their greatest potential. Coaches are hired for many different reasons such as:
• To have a more fulfilling life by clarifying life’s purpose and goals
• Improve work performance or create a new career plan
• Find a job that is exciting and rewarding
• Improve relationships with family and friends
• Gain a more spiritual meaning to life
• To develop higher self-esteem
• Overcome procrastination and enhance productivity
• Improve their overall health and well being